Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Not accepting incoming calls on landline

Telephone not accepting incoming calls, have done the test on web site but that says telephone is engaged , which its not.

Have spent 1 hour waiting for 150 to pick up (Please change the music!!) then it rang 4 times then went dead. 

I would like some help/ advice in getting this sorted 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not accepting incoming calls on landline

Hi Stephencole, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, we can certainly get this looked at for you, I will pop you over a private message asking for some details just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂
thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the silence on this matter its about as helpful as my ability to receive calls!

I went out and brought a new landline phone as I thought it was the telephone but nothings changed , oh apart from when I ran another test its gone from your line is engaged to it might be your equipment

I cannot stand the thought of waiting for someone to pick up having listened to the awful hold music for 1 hour 5 minutes before the line went dead I think we'll call it quits and I will take my business elsewhere . I have been with Virgin since they took over my NTL account many years ago and this is how you repay my loyalty

Thanks but no thanks  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

We’re you able to make outgoing calls?
 Y husband took a new contract with Virgin last week. We asked to eep our old number. When the number transferred over, we started having the same problem as you, we can’t receive incoming calls but can make outgoing calls. I don’t have/know my memorable word, I don’t recall giving one so I’m having difficulty getting through on the phone and despite trying to answer numerous questions via Private message am not getting any further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes I can make outgoing calls but not receive any. They are quick to blame you and your equipment and not admit fault 

And now I've replied I'll get an irritating email that I have earned a badge 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ours was working fine until they ported our old number. I’ve unplugged the modem and restarted everything I’ve changed the actual phone for a wired phone too but still the same. We’ve now got to wait for an engineer. 😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon stephencole,

Sorry to hear of your landline fault and for the time it's taken to response this far.

Do you have any updates on the status of the services for us? I've looked into the local area for any outages but there doesn't appear to be any showing currently.

Can you tell me if you're struggling to take calls from multiple phone number or is this just one number? Do mobiles connect? Have you also been able to try multiple landline networks also?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have tried to call my land line number on 3 different phones it just cuts off after 2 rings I have run a check via the website and it says there is no problem which there plainly is

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. So when it cuts off, does his go to voicemail or does it just go dead?

If this goes to voicemail, do you have a voicemail feature that comes with the handset or do you have the voicemail feature that Virgin Media offers to customers? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It goes dead I do not have any voicemail the landlines phone is a basic receiver 

0 Kudos