cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Incoming Calls - Copper Line

tvfan
On our wavelength

We’ve just realised today that we aren’t receiving incoming calls. We can make calls fine. Callers receive the ringing tone as if we aren’t answering.

Called VM and was told that this issue can affect people on copper line phones.

The lady I spoke to thought it was connected to our phone number being ported over from BT years ago. She has escalated it accordingly.

This has me confused. Surely if we’ve had no problem with our phone number for years, it shouldn’t be an issue now.

Has anyone else experienced this issue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi tvfan,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it does look like there is an issue, so I can run some further checks I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tvfan 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your Landline receiving calls. Just to confirm, what kinds of calls are you unable to receive? Is it calls from other providers, mobile numbers, an individual number or all calls?

If you've ported a number to us, and there has been an error somewhere along the line, this may not be noticed until your previous provider makes a change to their infrastructure, or we do, and then the problem will appear. This can be identified sometimes as a "Routing Issue". Did our team advise of how long the escalation would take?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

tvfan
On our wavelength

Hi Reece.

We aren’t receiving any calls at all. It’s been tested from a landline and mobiles from 2 different operators.

I was told I would receive a call back (on my mobile) within 24 hours.

It just seemed very odd that after all these years there would suddenly be an issue with the porting of our number. What you’ve said makes sense though. 

Could this indicate that changes are being made in our area in readiness for the switch to a fibre phone line?

Thanks 

Tracey

Hi tvfan,

Thank you for reaching back out, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it does look like there is an issue, so I can run some further checks I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Baylis
Joining in

I am also having issues where the ringtone  not working on incoming calls so have spoken with engineer yesterday and it is still not resolved he could not comment on the phone needing updating .I raised a complaint as to my Billing and issue with Phone not ringing via a Online Form yesterday and read some other forum comments today about my Old Style Phone may be the problem if that is so then virgin need to replace my phone which was working perfectly before switchover 

Hi Baylis 👋 Welcome to the community forum - thank you for posting!

Sorry to hear you have been having some issues with your landline following the recent switchover to our 21st Century voice service. 

It does sound as though we are looking into this for you if you had contact with an engineer yesterday, however we will need to take a look at your account to offer further support with this - including with the complaint if needed. We will just need to send you a PM to do so. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

I have replied to your Private Message , Thanks