cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noisy phone line

Alan5-1
Joining in

I have a noisy phone line whereby there is a loud crackle on it, the 2 cordless phones and the fixed wire one all have the same issue, I can't hear calls it's so bad, I have used the service checker on the VM website which indicates no faults, however I can't see anywhere haw to book a service visit to check this out, the website navigation is so poor, looping back to the service start page, orphan pages, etc, totally frustrating, does anyone know how I go about booking an an engineer, to get this checked?

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Alan5-1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your landline at the moment! I can understand that this can be frustrating. 

Can you tell us a little more about the landline? Do you have a working dial tone at all?

Please take a look at our Landline Faults page to see if this can help resolve your ongoing issue and let us know if this helped at all.

Are you able to check the landline connections, disconnect them, and re-connect them to see if this helps?

I was able to check our systems and I cannot see any issues that would be impacting your service at the moment. 

Please complete the above checks and get back to us. We'll be happy to help further if needed. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tried all the things mentioned, disconnected cordless phones and just plugged in a hard wired phone direct, but still a lot of noise on the line, the dial tone is there but the noise on the line is so bad you can't really use the phone, trying to get an engineer to come is an experience, trying to navigate the VM website is the same, lots of loop back pages, orphan pages, dead end pages, really not good, when my contract is up, I'll probably change suppliers.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Don't worry Alan5-1, I know it's not the ideal circumstance at all but we can easily have this resolved/looked into from here. 

I will send you a private message to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.