cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise on phone line.

pentlands
On our wavelength

Not for the first time i'm suffereing from issues with a noisy phone line, to the point that i can't hear anything the other person who either dialled me or who i dialled whenever it's raining (or recently stopped raining).

This is a long running issue (of well over ten years, on and off) that engineers have resolved by moving my connections in the undeground manhole due to corrosion but i've hit a brick wall this time.

I finally got around to reporting this latest issue again last night but i was met with a barrage of excuses explaining why CS could not escalate the problem, the two on the top of the list for me were:

1. It'll cost at least £90 if no fault is found.

2. Your phone line appears to be working now... i know that, it's not raining.... please call back when the issue re-surfaces.... i can't do that because we won't be able to hear each other... there is nothing i can do because i've run a line check and it's not flagging any issues... i know, it stopped raining this morning...

I also mentioned that i looked out the window of my apartment early yesterday (not a side of the apartment building i ever walk past or look at) and noticed that my VM cable had been pulled free from all the securing points and it appeared to be spliced with other VM cables from other apartments... this on it's own was a red flag because VM cables spliced several feet above ground level is not the norm for VM... at least not where i live?

I really don't get what VM are playing at, yes i've had issues with VM in the past but this is on a whole new level... in the past my issues were dealt with relatively quickly but this is rediculous.

I could understand this if i was a new customer but i'm not, not sure how long i've been a customer but must be at least 15 years if not going on 20.

10 REPLIES 10

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi pentlands,

Thank you for keeping us updated, I'm glad that everything is looking good at the moment! Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any more problems.

Kind regards,
Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team