cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noise/Music on phone line

getsetgo
Joining in

When trying to make a call the line has bad noise on it which sounds like beatbox type music and noise  

I need a working phone line as I am disabled and need my lifeline24 service 

service status just says tv fault currently

tried reporting online just going round in circles having done everything suggested and nowhere or way to report an actual fault  

tried reporting via text service but that sent me to WhatsApp which says it doesn’t have any slots  

been on hold on said noisy line to 150 faults for nearly an hour 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like induction ingress, possibly from a nearby radio transmitter. This may be from VMs line, but could also be from your own phone/handset via its line or voice coil in the speaker. Please try another handset before booking a tech visit or you could be charged for the callout.

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey getsetgo, thanks for posting on our help forum today and a warm welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with your landline currently, we'd love to best assist with this. 

Please, allow us to explain If an outage is affecting you, it may be down to our engineers to restore this as remote fixes are not possible in these cases.

We do appreciate this is a vital service for you though, I will therefore send you a private message here shortly to best assist and advise on this.
Check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. 
Click this and you'll see my message.

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs