Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are -
• Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
• Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
• Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
• Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
• Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
• Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - No Dial Tone Incoming/Outcoming Call Issues
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you
I will need to send you a private message to pass security
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great
I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone
Can you please let me know how the visit goes
Thank you for your quick reply. I have already stated that a number of houses in the street are without a Virgin landline service, so i doubt an engineer visiting me will rectify what i suspect is a network fault . Please read my previous messages regarding this situation.
Thanks Gareth. I have just checked with our neighbour who confirms that his phone is still out of order. He has tied to contact Customer Service on his mobile, but as usual is unable o get an answer. We have both agreed to just sit on this problem.
If you need to escalate this problem, let me have an email address which I can give him to confirm his phone outage. For security reasons i do not want to give you his name/address details. However, since you have my account details, and he lives in the same street, it should not take long to check on other phones in the area ?