Menu
JWE
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No telephone B63

Hi, 

Apparently VM do not have UPS protection in roadside cabs? Hence, whenever we get a power outage (like during last night) we lose telephone service. Last time it took 3 days to restore service! 

Broadband and TV all OK

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No telephone B63

Hi JWE,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Landline looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are - 
•    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
•    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
•    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
•    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
•    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
•    Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - 
No Dial Tone
Incoming/Outcoming Call Issues
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Thanks,
Megan_L

0 Kudos
JWE
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Our telephone has no dial tone, callers cannot connect - engaged tone. All of our neighbours who have a Virgin landline have the same issue. This always happens following a local electricity outage.

Hoping you can fix the fault quickly. Virgin usually take 3/4 days !

Thanks for your quick response to my original post.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello JWE

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing security JWE

I am sorry we need to visit to get this fixed 

I have booked the first engineer appointment we have available
You can check and reschedule this appointment through your online account if you need to
You can also cancel it if the fault has gone 
Can you please let me know how the visit goes 
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
JWE
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick reply. I have already stated that a number of houses in the street are without a Virgin landline service, so i doubt an engineer visiting me will rectify what i suspect is a network fault . Please read my previous messages regarding this situation.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We would still need to book an engineer as nothing is showing as to this being a wider issue 

This will then get looked into if another Customer reports the same fault

That in turn will then be classed as an area fault and will be resolved without the need for an engineer 

So it would be worthwhile keeping the appointment open 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
JWE
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Gareth. I have just checked with our neighbour who confirms that  his phone is still out of order. He has tied to contact Customer Service on his mobile, but as usual is unable o get an answer. We have both agreed to just sit on this problem.

If you need to escalate this problem, let me have an email address which I can give him to confirm his phone outage. For security reasons i do not want to give you his name/address details. However, since you have my account details, and he lives in the same street, it should not take long to check on other phones in the area ?    

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks JWE.

You can direct your Neighbour to our Text Message service 07533 051809

This can be used to report a fault 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos