Menu
Konrad141
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No ringing tone - poor VM service

On Monday 5 October I discovered that I did not have a ringing tone on the landline phone, so I don't know when people are calling.  I tried using another phone and the same problem occurred.  I also tried plugging in direct to the wall socket rather than the extension I usually use.

On the Tuesday 6th I booked an appointment for an engineer for Monday 12th.  On Thursday 8th I received two texts saying that the network issue had been fixed and asking me to re-set my equipment - how do I re-set a phone?  They were also cancelling my appointment.

Unfortunately, the problem still existed so once again I had to go through all the palaver of getting in touch with a VM.  Explained the position and a new engineer appointment made for Thursday 15th – nothing earlier available.

Thursday 15th the engineer turns up, I spoke to him at the front door, he didn’t come inside to check the phone.  I explained the problem.   I was told that they already knew about the problem as a number of other people in the neighbourhood had reported similar problems.  It would take up to 48 hours to repair.  Engineer then departs.

So three days later the problem still exists, so once again I will have to contact VM.   I’m not happy with the service.  What does it take to get this problem sorted?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No ringing tone - poor VM service

Hi Konrad141

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the phone issue.

I can see from checking the system, we've booked in a technician visit. You can find all details for this visit here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Konrad141
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

John,

Thanks for the reply.  The link you provided doesn't give details of the visit.  It leads to my VM home page and I can't see any details.  I tried clicking on some of the possible links but got nowhere.  Click on Help > Orders and appointments  > Manage your appointment > quick start or engineer > How to reschedule (no box to click to provide appointment date/time) > this gives me the following "just sign in to your My Virgin Media account where you’ll see your appointment or delivery details on your account dashboard."  I'm already signed in so where is my account dashboard?

I'm surprised that VM have booked another visit without informing me.  If you hadn't of replied I would never have known.

I am also concerned about the link.  Can anyone who reads your reply open the link to my home page, or is it somehow restricted to myself?

Konrad

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me. The link is the website where you'd sign in to your own online account, so nothing for you to worry about.

I'll PM you now to advise further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Konrad141

I've sent the PM advising of the timeslot for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Konrad141
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

John,

Thanks for date details.  No reflection on you but I am not impressed by VM.  

I will now have to wait another 11 days for a visit.  By 29 October I will have had one appointment cancelled by VM when they should not have done this, one appointment with a technician who just gave misleading information (to put it mildly) and now another appointment by which time I will have waited nearly four weeks - all the time without a phone that rings.

Konrad

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My apologies again, Konrad.

Please do let us know how the visit goes

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos