Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

No ringing or incoming calls at all - noise on outgoing calls.

Hi,

We have been experiencing issues with our landline.  We can make outgoing calls with a loud buzzing noise present.  We cannot receive incoming calls at all, my mobile just rings but the house phone doesn't ring at all or indicate incoming call.  The 1471 service does log the attempted incoming calls, they are just not getting through.

This is a replacement brand new phone (Twin Panasonic cordless set) as it was doing the same with the old one set.  I have tried the master socket and the secondary socket with no difference.  We only have 1 telephone socket used and that's the main base unit.  The installed lines are over 12 months old.

I have also tried calling 150 Virgin Media helpline a few times but keep getting cut off (possibly due to this fault).  I have no other way to contact technical help other than here.

Can someone please help as we have nothing left to try.

Thanks

Angela Harris

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: No ringing or incoming calls at all - noise on outgoing calls.

Hi Angela376, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the phone-line issue you've had. It sounds like you've covered all of the diagnostics we'd usually go through - so I'm sorry for the hassle btu at this stage it's probably best we book a tech-visit for further investigation.

I will send a PM to confirm a few details so we can get that arranged, I hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos