Menu
angel1974tigger
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No ring when being called

We had a fault develop on out landlines Sunday approx 11pm and when checked it was noted and should be fixed by yesterday, it seems OK but my phone does not ring on incoming calls. I have checked all cables and even bought new handset if the other had been damaged but still no ring when incoming.

Any ideas or where to go now

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No ring when being called

Hi @angel1974tigger,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your landline service. When you call the landline number, can you hear it on the phone that you rang it from?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
angel1974tigger
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes thats it i can hear it rining on my mobile but not the handset.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @angel1974tigger,

Thank you for clarifying that for me, it's very helpful.

Do you have any other landline sockets in the home at all? If so, is it possible for you to connect the landline handset into that to see if the issue occurs there too? That way we can narrow down if it's a specific socket that's at fault.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
angel1974tigger
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No we only have one phone socket 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for clearing this up angel1974tigger.

As you are able to call the landline but have no ringing at the other end we will need to investigate this for you. You already stated that you have been out and purchased a new handset so this has eliminated the equipment.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details as this may require an engineers visit. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi angel1974tigger,

Just a quick note to say that we have booked an engineers appointment for you to come and take a look at why you have a dial tone but cannot be called.

I have sent you a private message with the date and time of this appointment for you. If you wish to change or cancel this you can do so here.

I have also included the self help for any phone issues here which may help for the future.

Kind regards Jodi. 

0 Kudos