Joining in

I am unable to make and receive calls from my landline I have no ring

When I try to call the phone I just keep getting engaged tone 

16 REPLIES 16

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Staneight8,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been unable to make calls on your landline. We want to do our best to help regarding this. How long has this issue been ongoing? Have you tried rebooting your device to see if the issue persists? Have you also checked the cabled connections at the back of the device to see if it is loose or if the cables are in good condition?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Staneight8
Joining in

The phone line does not connect to the router it has gotta normal plug in type socket.

I have disconnected my extension and plugged a good phone into the box that comes into the house and I still have no ring tone and am unable to make and receive calls. Today when I tried to use the phone it had a ring tone but would just cut off after about 2 mins. Now there is no tone at all

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Staneight8 

It sounds like we are going to need to get an engineer out to you. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some more information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that your issues has been resolved @Staneight8

Do let us know if we can assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

rallenza
Tuning in

Hi,

I found recently , following a couple of missed hospital calls, that we have no ring tone on our landline.

I have tried all the alternative phones, checked their settings, and are even using the test socket on the master box.

I get a dial tone, and can make calls out, but clearly dont know who's calling and when they did.

I called up 150 and went through the dreaded triage system who offered an engineer within 2 days, but within 2 hours that had been changed to another on a hospital day.

I tried to find a way of re-arranging the time/date but not possible and the system cancelled the call-out.

What do i do now, please.

I've no wish to lose any doctor/ hospital offers.

Hey @rallenza,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your landline and getting an appointment booked to resolve the issues.

I have looked into this and removed and re-added your line back onto our network. Please can you let me know, if that has had any affect on your line.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for your reply.

I note you have reset the line and checked that I have a dial tone.

whats next?

Thanks @rallenza, are you able to dial out from the line and also take calls now?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steve,

I have a dial tone.

I have called from my mobile but no ring tone.

###