cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ring-tone - outside cable possibly damaged

topham22LS
Joining in

I am posting this on behalf of an elderly family member who is having an issue with their landline phone. They have tried on numerous times to call the helpline on their mobile but seem to be stuck in a loop of answering the same questions. As they are not au-fait with the internet I said I would try to get an answer this way.

Their home phone has no ring-tone but I cannot see any issues reported in the Wetherby LS22 area. The problem could be attributed to some exposed wires that enter a small protective covering that is attached to the outside of the house. With the recent spell of bad weather perhaps the wiring is in need of replacing. Is there any way of looking into this? Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

topham22LS
Joining in

Sorry it should be dial tone and not ring tone.

Hey @topham22LS thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums page. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the landline and the possible damage to the network.
I will assist you on this and get you the support needed.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

A big thank you to Ilyas for responding. Hopefully everything is now sorted and she will be back up and running again soon 👍

Thanks for speaking with us today @topham22LS on the forums page. 🙂

I'm glad to hear that you have made arrangements for this repair.
As advised - let us know how it goes and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs