Menu
DavidinFleet
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No phoneline for 11 days!

We have had no landline phone service since Thursday 17th September when there was an Internet outage also. My wife has been trying tonsort this butbhas been cut-off multiple times. 

Seeing their advert strapline "Stay connected" is an absolute joke! We have elderly relatives and poor mobile service here so landline is essential.

Sort it out PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
DavidinFleet
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

And just to confuse things further...

With phone not working what makes it worse is that if  someone rings us it sounds as though it rings normally and goes through to some answer service thats not us so even worse for our relatives trying to keep in touch 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: And just to confuse things further...

You should be entitled to compensation for the outage but only once you have logged the fault via an 'official' means (namely via phone or using the service status check in My Virgin Media). Logging on the forum will get you some assistance with the fault but not with regard to compensation.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Read all the small-print at the bottom and see how it applies to your situation.

The forum team should pick this up within a few days. If phoning in the fault via mobile then calling at 08:00 is often recommended on here as the most likely time to get through.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: And just to confuse things further...

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phoneline for 11 days!

Hi DavidinFleet, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having some issues with your landline, this isn't good. 

I have tried to look into this using the details you've provided when joining the community but I've been unable to locate your account. 

Therefore I'm going to pop you a personal message so I can locate your account and run some further checks, I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos