cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line?

mikefortyniners
Tuning in

My phone line appears to be down. 

I have tried different phones / different cables, and I get no dial tone, nothing.  The service status keeps telling me there is no known issue in my area, the website either directs me to the same help page (which doesn't help) or tells me to use the whats app messenger.  I do this (thankfully the broadband / wifi still works), but it then tells me it can't do landline issues, please phone - which I can't do, as I have no phone line!  

Its been down several days now, I assumed a new phone (which arrived today) would fix it, but its still not working

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikefortyniners,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to see that you're experiencing problems with your landline, just from checking our service I can see that recently an area fault has been raised for the service.

The estimated fix time for this is 19:20 tonight (27th), many apologies for this as our team will be looking to resolve the matter as soon as they can.

Regards,

Kain

Thanks for that.  This morning the phone now rings if someone rings me, but when I pick up there's no connection (the person ringing me tells me it just keeps ringing their end), and if I try to dial out, there's no ring tone, so something's still not right

Hi mikefortyniners,

Sorry to hear the issue is still persisting. I've checked the ticket again for you and it looks like the estimated fix date has been pushed back to tomorrow, I'm afraid.

Do let us know how things are then and we'll be more than happy to help further if needed.

Thanks

Beth

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I have looked again this afternoon, and the phone is again telling me to check phone line, as it isn't detecting it.  I can see there is a service status for a TV issue in my area, but no mention of this phone issue?

Hello mikefortyniners.

Thank you as well for replying.

I have just checked the Telephone line for any local issues, but it all seems clear now.

That means we do need to get a Technician out to take a look and fix this for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security to book this in.
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L