Menu
Jo85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No phone line

Since having a new hub installed and are engineer out to look at our wi fi we have had no home phone working. The dial tone is dead. The wires are plugged in correctly and the phone is in working order. It has been like this for 3 weeks. There is and has never been any reported issues in the area during this time with the phone lines. Does anybody have any other idea?

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No phone line

Hi Jo85, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about the issue you've had here. When the engineer replaced the equipment, was it a different hub? How is your phone line connected - is it to the hub or the socket on the wall? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Jo85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ryan. 

It was a new hub yes and the phone line is connected via the hub.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, 

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I've checked the system and there is a signal to noise ratio issue (SNR) affecting the service. This is the cause of the issue. The fault reference is F008826351. The estimated fix date is the 1st March.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jo85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thankyou for this. However can I just clarify is this fault something which has been there for a number of weeks? Would it be causing us to have no phone line at all? And will there be compensation for customers like us who have had no phone line by then for near on 6 weeks yet have been paying for it? 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Regarding compensation, please see here

I hope the issue is sorted sooner for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jo85
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the link I appreciate your help however is it possible to answer my other questions? I am sceptical that this is in fact the reason for the problem. Is this issue something been ongoing for the last three weeks? Does it cause no home phoneline at all but no problems with anything else eg broadband?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

You'd get the automatic compensation from when reported, plus the 2 days. As the fault is SNR, I am afraid that doesn't cover it. 

As per the diagnostic ran, it is an SNR fault that is the issue with the phoneline. When that is fixed, your issue will also be fixed.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jo85
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Again can I just clarify that this SBR fault has been reported for the past 3 weeks? Therefore is just coincidence that we had no phone line after the new hub was installed

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The fault is SNR from the diagnostic ran.

I am sorry but I cannot be any clearer than this here.

I do hope the issue is resolved sooner for you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos