cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone line in Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 4RW, as well as no broadband and TV

Rich_Tea
Settling in

The broadband and TV has been unavailable since yesterday, the service status shows this is due to a damaged cable. However the sevice status shows the landline phone as OK, but this has also been unavailable since yesterday. We have been unable to receive incoming calls or make outgoing calls.

Please get the service status on the phone lines corrected. I haven't found a way to report this, except by calling 1571 from the landline phone, which is impossible as it isn't working !!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Rich_Tea thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns regarding services not working at the moment.

I have ran checks and I can confirm that the outage is affecting landline services, as well as TV and Broadband. 

Please accept my apologies for this, but as things stand the estimated fix time for the fault is 19:00 today 25th April 2022.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you're still having problems once the outage has been fixed and we can take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for your help Tom.

I don't have much confidence in the estimated time for fixing the fault, as it has already been extended  2 or 3 times today. When I first looked this morning, it said it would be fixed by 09:20.

When I check the service satus for the phone line it still says "There are no known home phone issues in LS18 4RW." - can that be corrected please.

I know that the fault has been there since 10pm yesterday evening, and probably much earlier in the day - we weren't at home during the evening, came home about 10 and found the router and set top box weren't working. And we know somebody had tried to phone our landline during the afternoon, but the call didn't connect.

Hi @Rich_Tea thanks for your reply, you're welcome.

I appreciate your concerns - I don't have the details unfortunately, but due to the nature of technical faults there can be some delays to this I'm afraid.

Please keep an eye on the service checker because if the time does change, it'll be updated on there just for your knowledge.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Apologies for my cynicism about the repair time. All services are working now.

How did I find out? The phone rang and it was a scam call saying I owed some money to Amazon ! So pleased that they've started again.

Hi @Rich_Tea thanks for your confirmation - great news that your services are working again.

Oh no how frustrating! It sounds like you are aware of what is and what isn't a scam call, but if you do ever need further support about this you can find it here.

Many thanks

Tom_W