Menu
TWNK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No phone line. Unstable internet.

My landline is not working and my internet is unstable. I can't get through to anyone at Virgin Media.  I ended up emailing the complaints department but still haven't heard back.  I need it as I have health conditions and need contact with 2 hospitals.  How do I get in touch with somebody to get these issues resolved?  It's been at least 4 days so far. 

Neilt11
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone line. Unstable internet.

Hi

Please DM me the account details including the area code and I will do some tests for you.

Thanks.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Morad_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi , 

Are you in need of a broadband back up unit for your home phone ?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
TWNK
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea what a back up unit is!

0 Kudos
TWNK
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I still have no landline after 2 1/2 weeks.  My broadband is still unstable, but at least I get glimpses of it.  I cannot get hold of anybody at Virgin.  I've phoned and gone through the "pressing number options" numerous times and been on hold (on my non-Virgin mobile!) for ages with no response.  I even emailed the Complaints Dept stating my reasons why it was so urgent that I get back on line asap.  NOTHING!!   Please, please can somebody from Virgin please help me!

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi TWNK, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line, can you confirm if you've tested a different handset?

I can see you were asked to private message someone on the 30th April, can you confirm if you did this and what was the outcome?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
TWNK
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex, yes, i've checked the handset.  There is no line on any other handsets I have either.  I didn't want to give a stranger who isn't a "virgin" person my personal details........  Is it worth me phoning BT as I believe they own the line?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks  for getting back to me,

If you have the phone line with ourselves then BT would be unable to do anything. 

I've run through diagnostics and this is something we would need to arrange an engineer for in order to fix. I've senrt you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you. (purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
TWNK
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Right, I've managed to dig up part of the line in my garden, and it is worn through/damaged.  Who do I report this to... and how as I'm struggling to get much connection!!

0 Kudos