Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No phone hub4.0

hi,

i recently upgraded from 3.0 hub to 4.0 no issues just upgraded to gb broadband and needed the new box. 

internet and tv are fine but the phone is not working cables are fine all in properly but no joy. 

on the router webpage it says telephony disabled. Unsure if this needs reactivating as the phone was working fine before the upgrade and everything is in the correct ports. 

tried ringing customer support but after 1hr 15mins they just cut me off without a hello. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone hub4.0

Hello

Once the new hub is installed it can take normally 24hrs for the phone line to re-activated on the hub, at this time due to a fault this can take 48hrs. When was the new hub installed.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, I installed this yesterday afternoon. Was under the impression it would already been activated? 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

The hub is but the phone line takes 24hrs under normal times, if it isnt activated after 24hrs come back to this post and a VM forum staff member can look at it at that time, II will monitor this post and if you come back I can escalate to them but it has too be after 24hrs.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos