Menu
Glen4m
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No phone from 1st June to 10th October

• I raised a fault on 1st June 2020 and was not reconnected until 10th October, I just had a bill saying I have extra charges from 9th and 10th of September. I have spent 17 + hours talking to VM over the last 4 months . I called to dispute bill and was told I would have to have a tech guy out to check for crossed lines but if no fault found I will be charged £99. I asked if the records show the fault only resolved 10th of October and they said yes. Why the hell do they need to threaten me with more costs when they are aware the phone line was not working at the time of the sledges calls.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No phone from 1st June to 10th October

Hi Glen4m,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community forums.

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had a problem with your phone line for so long and for the poor experience. Have the team advised what was causing the issue in the first place?

Can you also please tell me exactly what the extra charges were for? Have you checked these on your online itemised bills?

Did you request for an engineer to come out to investigate the possibility of crossed lines after the fault was reported as fixed?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Glen4m
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had this problem for so long I almost left VM . The fault was that all the cables from my home were in such a bad state that they needed to pull new ones. I had appointments that were missed as no one turned up. Eventually a team came and dug up and cleared the connection point outside my driveway. Then after a month or so a team came to pull the new cable but didn't bring the correct cable. Another few weeks passed and a team came to pull the cable again but was still blocked . A week or so later same again but eventually a team did come and pull new cable which took a couple of days. Then a couple of weeks later another team came and said they were here to pull a new cable. I explained it had been done but not connected. They scratched their heads and eventually said they could connect the cable for TV and broadband but unable to connect phone for whatever reason. They put in a request ( or so they said ) for a technician to come and connect phone. Nothing for several weeks even after several calls. I finally thought I would report it as a fault and got a technician out the very next day..October 10th. It took him less than 1 hour to resolve the none connected line. It was not connected to the house or the exchange . I was over the moon and decided to renew my contract and even up my broadband. I then got my bill showing calls I know I couldn't possibly have made. I have since realized that the number I have been billed for is in fact my own home phone. How is this even possible

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glen4m,

Thanks for including all those details, I really am sorry for everything that's happened. I'd like to look into your account and investigate this further for you. I can only guess that the charges may be caused by a line test, but of course we can wipe this for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope and we can discuss further from there.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Glen4m
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hope you can help with this as I am at the end of my tether. Why would I ring a speaking clock even if I had a phone line to call from which I didn't

0 Kudos