cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new adapter?

muzz_b
Tuning in

I have an intermittent fault on my landline where neither party can hear the other when the call is answered. (I changed the phone for a new one and the problem persists).

I phoned VM help and after 45 mins of waiting on hold I was told I would be sent an adapter that should fix the problem. I understand this is basically a VOIP converter, which is fine by me. However its over a week now and still no adapter. From the forum I can see that I will lose my landline connection completely at some point. 

How long will my copper wire service continue now I am on a switchover list?

How long should I have to wait for the adapter?

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey muzz_b, thank you for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the problems with your landline recently, we'd love to assist with this issue.

About the switchover, you may visit this link where we explain all the details and info you'd need to know about this change in our landline services - feel free to ask if you have questions or concerns in regard to this.

In relation to the adaptor we send, this arrives via Royal Mail so may take up to 5 working days for the delivery. 
Could you please confirm the date this order was placed for you and how long our agents advised it would take for this delivery upon the call?

Also, we'd have sent the relevant communication via letter or email to you in the past 1-2 months where we've confirmed which date your area switch will take effect and what's the end date for making a switch to line via fibre optics too.

Do you have this info received, if you check your mailbox (including junk/spam)?

Let us know and we'll be happy to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I called about this issue 9 days ago. I was told the adapter would take up to 5 days to arrive (it still has not arrived).

I dont recall getting a letter from you about a generic switchover. My question was about how my current (unstable) connection will stay connected, as presumably I was marked for VOIP switchover 9 days ago.

Thanks

muzz_b

Thanks for your reply 😊 Sorry to see you've still not had the adapter sent.

I'll be happy to take a look at this further for you, I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules