Menu
JRAY100
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No link to cancel engineer for 20-02-2021

I am unable to find a link to cancel an engineer for Sat 20th 8am - noon. Virgin haven't advised me that it's cancelled -  it's an hours wait on the 0345454111 no. - which doesn't give the option to cancel an engineer....

The internet advises:

You can cancel your technician appointment by signing in to your My Virgin Media account. Once you're signed in you'll see your appointment details on your account dashboard and an option to cancel. Click on that and follow the steps. Should you need to cancel an upcoming QuickStart delivery or installation contact us.

It is assumed that the dashboard is the my virgin media home page - nothing there - is one meant to guess that it has been cancelled by virgin without informing the customer?

WHY LEAVE THE CUSTOMER TO GUESS???

The help facility takes you round a loop to the home page - WHY NOT PROVIDE A LINK TO indicate either whether there is an appointment or no appointment!?

For a communication company, there communications to customers leave much to be desired!

Virgin really need to employ a systems analyst to determined the requirements of the customer interface!

I heard some composers quip:'

Life is really very simple, but humans prefer to complicate it'! Does the cap fit Virgin???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No link to cancel engineer for 20-02-2021

Hi JRAY100, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the appointment, have you managed to get this cancelled? As there is no appointment showing there should be no engineers attending. Can you confirm if this is the case or does this still need looking into further? Chris

0 Kudos
JRAY100
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello there- Sorry this is belated - found it in spam folder! I was never able to positivrely identify whether the engineer was to turn up last Saturday! Would be courtesy if the customer could know definitely where he is! Nobody turned up on the Saturday morning and nobody rang beforehand - so one assumes that the engineer was cancelled by Virgin without informing the customer! There was an area phone outage which was eventually rectified and the dailling tone returned! Why don't Virgin COMMUNICATE a global message to the affected customers - even to all customers prefacing it by 'If you have been affected by an outage...'. Virgin spend much effort by phone and email trying to offer me a mobile phone -  Why not invest the same effort in  CUSTOMER CARE?!

I don't expect things to change - we are simply marketing targets!

Cheers

JRay100

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey @JRAY100,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your feedback, I will ensure that this will be passed onto the team. I'm sorry that you weren't advised about a cancellation of the appointment, this should have been sent to you but the area fault would be the reason why your appointment was cancelled.

To find any future appointments, please go to My Account and Track Your Order, any future appointments will show in there.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos