cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“No line” message on land line

Amandaanne123
Tuning in

Since switching back to virgin media I have been unable to get the landline to work. 

when I was with virgin media before an engineer came to fix the phone cable as it had become damaged (it’s buried under my lawn). Instead of fixing it he (with my authorisation) got the phone to work via the router if I remember correctly. Could this be why I am unable to get a dial tone? 

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Amandaanne123,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your landline, can I ask from checking as it's connected via the Hub, have you been able to reboot it to see if that has helped?

Also is the connection securely fastened in?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi,

Yes I’ve tried rebooting it and connecting it (securely) in both port 1 and 2.

The actual telephone line outside is damaged but a previous engineer got it running using the internet?? I’m wondering if this is the problem?

Amanda 

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for your post, sorry to hear your Phoneline is down, as you are connected via our Router it won't be due to the phone line outside, have you tried a different Phone?

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Paul,

thanks for your reply. I tried another phone and it worked. I really didn’t think that would be the problem as the phone worked with sky so thanks for your suggestion!

amanda 

Hi Amandaanne123 

Thank you for the update.

We're happy to hear this is now working for you 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide