cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No line after digital switchover

Cmhow
Joining in

I've got no phone line after digital switchover.  I have followed all instructions and restarted everything more than once.  I think the line from Virgins point of view may be fine...when restarting the hub 3 the phone line light comes on green and stays lit for several minutes before switching off.  Main light is then white, no other lights.  But the phone itself says it has no line and has no dial tone.  If you call it the caller hears ringing but the phone doesn't ring.  Is there an obvious solution?  Could it be i need a different wire from the hub to the phone, or that the adapter provided is broken, or that the phone isn't compatible?  It was working pre switchover, although i use it very infrequently, but i'm paying for it so want it to work. Thanks for any advice.

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Cmhow.

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear you are having a few issues with the landline after the switchover.

Do you have the telephone plugged into an extension?

Or is it straight to the adapter from the handset?

What phone do you have?

Are you able to try an alternative handset?

When you call your number does it ring, but not at the actual phone?

Gareth_L 

Hi Gareth

The phone base unit is plugged straight into adapter/hub.  Its a cordless BT Graphite 2500, was working fine but is at least 12 years old.

If the number is called the caller hears ringing but no ringing on the actual phone.  Oddly the ring the caller hears changes and is either 5 'brrrsss' with pauses then it cuts off, or 10 'brrrbrrr' before cutting off.

Thank you for coming back to us and trying for us Cmhow 🙏.

Are you able to make or receive a call at all?

So I can further investigate 🧐, I will have to private message you.

Please watch our for the envelope ✉.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide