Menu
brewbury
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No landline

Our Virgin landline stopped working. There is no dial tone, and outgoing calls cannot be made. Incoming callers get a ring tone, but there is nothing our end. Virgin has tested the system and could not find a fault. I've tried another phone in the socket, and it still doesn't work. We are both over 70 and rely on the phone to keep in contact with our family, especially in these worrying times.

It looks as if the incoming line is faulty.

0 Kudos
Martin_LM
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No landline

Hi am sorry to hear that. please if i may have your account number and area number i could check whats going with your services and perhaps have an engineer around to fix the fault/s.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

brewbury
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Martin. Our account no. is [MOD EDIT: Account number removed], and we are in area 5.

0 Kudos
brewbury
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well our landline is now working again! Thank you, Martin if it was you sorted this out. It's a great relief.

0 Kudos
aft110
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi I have posted a query but still nothing is working. a mod replied and asked what exactly is wrong with the landline but have not heard anything since! can anyone help? phone is dead says 'check phone line' on display. callers can ring and leave msg but nothing coming thru to me. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello aft110

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your landline 

Have you tried another phone in the socket 

Just to rule out its not the phone that is faulty