Menu
Rockhardfairy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No landline since switchover on 4 November

I've tried everything to contact someone at Virgin (including complaints) regarding my landline that now doesn't work since being plugged into the router (with adapter).  There is nothing wrong with the phone.  I am disabled and whilst I do not use the phone that often, it does get used.  My house has frequent blackouts and the phone isn't going to work when there is no electricity so I can't say that this is going to be the best service for me as I need a reliable phone line and have had no use of mine for a month - this is not acceptable.

Anyway, I should like to know why no one at Virgin Media seems to be bothered that landlines are not working - the assumption that everyone has a mobile is short sighted.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: No landline since switchover on 4 November

Good morning @Rockhardfairy 

Welcome to the forums, thank you for taking the time to post. 

Whilst we do provide the landline services over the phone we do offer an emergency back up line (EBUL) The EBUL will offer the ability to call 999 should an emergency happen whilst your services are down. 

If you would like for me to arrange this for you then please do let me know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Rockhardfairy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, however, if the phone is down and I need help that is not of an emergency situation and I need to contact family or whatever then I want the phone to work so that's not overly helpful as the chances are I need family help more than I do emergency - hence I had the landline option with my package in the first place.  It would have been nice to have been told that this was going to happen so I could have switched back to BT.  The customer service here is diabolical. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

You may find problems from other providers as they are going away from the old copper telephone cable by the end of 2025.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Rockhardfairy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information!  There's no hope really - I've moved around with various providers over the years and there isn't one that is consistently reliable hence I have two providers to switch between when there are issues.  All these changes aside, the fact that customer service is non existent is enough to leave.  A month with no phone line at all and not so much as a come back to fix it has pretty much been the nail in the coffin for me, this isn't worth £66 a month and the broadband still buffers and cuts out which renders my Nest doorbell useless too often - now no phone  on top... nah, they can keep it! 😁

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the misunderstanding there @Rockhardfairy 

I didn't realise that you currently had an ongoing issues with your landline ( I should have re-read the post) 

I can get this sorted for you no problem. 

Are you able to let me know the issues with the landline? Is there no dial tone? Are you unable to make or accept incoming calls? Is it an intermittent problem or has it simply not worked for a month? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Rockhardfairy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello!

It is completely dead - it's never worked from day one of the switchover.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information and then we can arranger and engineer to come and get things sorted. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Rockhardfairy 

I just wanted to check in and see how things were looking since the engineer visit? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Rockhardfairy
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Phone now working. Broadband isn't although I am sure they are not connected!!  He suggests I order a battery back up for the phone which I think you already suggested although I am a bit perplexed why a back up battery isn't an automatic thing if the line isn't always available - but there's me moaning again! lol

0 Kudos