Our landline isn’t working we have no dial tone to phone out and no one can phone in ive tried all the things what the app said but still nothing did a check and there is no on going work in the area which iS DY4.
Yup. Been down since mid-morning. No news from VM on issue. Service status on their website says all good. No means to get in touch and those who have called say queues are hours long. All we can, sadly do, is wait it out. Shameful lack of information from them.
I've not had landline service in GU15 area since lunchtime, so I've since raised a 'Complaint' using VM online page hidden under the 'Contact Us' section at the bottom of the screen. This wasn't easy as they've corrupted the URL under the link!
Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you, could you tell me more about what is occurring with your landline please?
Some of the questions we usually ask are -
• Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
• Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
• Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
• Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
• Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?
• Have you recently ported over to us? If so, what date?
I also have some links here that help with general landline issues, have a look - No Dial Tone Outgoing/Incoming calls
Please come back to me with your answers 🙂
Hi megan its a virgin wall socket, there is no dial out tone at all ive tried everything that the virgin help pages have told me to do even used separate lines in on different phones and still dead on the line this happened last year came and checked everything and it was the main box in the street