Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

No landline phone since Sunday.

Hi,

I've had no home phone since Sunday, the line is completely dead, and it's not the phone that's faulty. I booked an engineer to come out to fix it for yesterday but nobody showed up and i've not been given any explanation why that was? i've not got a mobile so i can't ring customer services and no-one has replied back when i tried messaging. Also my 90 year old mother relies on the phone for health emergencies etc. So what can i do to get this problem fixed?

Thanks in advance

ArthurSleep

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No landline phone since Sunday.

Thanks for the post Arthursleep and welcome to our community.

We can see you have since been in touch with the team and booked another appointment, please do let us know how this goes.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

The engineer has just been and did loads of checks, but couldn't fix the problem (so still no phone) He thinks it's the main cable that connects the box in the street to the flat that's faulty and will need replacing. So when that can be arranged to be fixed i've got no idea? But i should imagine it will be weeks or possibly longer. So i'm gonna be left with no phone, which is not good at all because i live with my 90 year old mum and we need it for health emergencies etc.

Is it possible that Virgin could supply us with a mobile phone (as neither of us has one) temporarily until we get the landline one fixed, because of the inconvenience caused to us? 

Regards

ArthurSleep.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi ArthurSleep

Thanks for coming back to us.

I've checked the systems and there is a note on the account that they're chasing it up and will be in touch with you asap

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.

When they contact me back with regards to the work that needs carrying out, will that also include whether a temporary mobile phone can be supplied until the problem is fixed? as as i've stated we are lost without access to a phone.

Regards

ArthurSleep.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to provide this I'm afraid.

However you do have a tech visit tomorrow 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Another tech visit? will that be to fix the main cable, as the tech that came and checked and couldn't fix the problem today said that's what needs mending.

Regards

ArhurSleep

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It's not a normal visit booked in, more of a special request visit if you get me, so this could be the cable fix

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, i don't understand what a special request visit is? as i didn't book it. And don't a external cable fix take more organising to arrange? seeing as it was only earlier today that the problem was found. I thought it might have been a phone that was being sent to me as in my account it just says a phone is booked and due to arrive between 8am and 1.00pm tomorrow / Saturday.

Regards

ArthurSleep.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion caused. 

The engineer will be with you today to get it all sorted so please keep us posted with how the visit goes. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos