cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline phone service again

Daydreamer-3
Joining in

Unable to contact anyone at virgin to report my 84 year old mother in laws phone as it is not working for the third time this year.   When you dial her number a message oops check number you have dialed.  Have tried to ring virgin from my virgin phone to report the issue when put in phone number and go to report fault only have an option to report tv fault told to wait to receive a text message to sort tv online!!  No option for landline!!

I rang virgin a few weeks ago for her and they said the phone was off because of the changes where your phone comes through the wifi box.  They put her phone back on and said an engineering would call as she does not have internet to sort.   No one has been and once again she has no land line and cannot contact virgin to sort for her.

Any ideas anyone?

3 REPLIES 3

ephemerol
Dialled in

Hi Daydreamer,

I feel your pain. my landline stopped working recently and I've been banging my head against the brick wall that is Virgin Support ever since trying to get it fixed. Hopefully someone from Virgin will respond to your message soon and maybe offer a solution.

Have you thought about a really cheap mobile phone and sim card? I know some people are reluctant to get these as they can be fiddly and confusing but it might be a better option or as a backup in case the landline fails again.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Daydreamer-3, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the landline and will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further. 

Chris. 

Thank you.  They are sorting a new hub and adapter for her.  Hopefully back up and running soon.  We sorted her out with mobile as backup like you suggested

🤞