Menu
PeterST2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No landline, no help GU15

No dialling tone since lunchtime. Service status green. Test times out after spinning endlessly. Not a new line or phone.  No fault reporting mechanism. Nearest neighbours have same problem. Broadband went down at the same time but is now back. Neighbour tried mobile to call enquires. Gave up after 30 mins on hold.  Is this the only way to seek help? Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Darryl-66
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: No landline, no help GU15

Yep same problem, total lack of communication from a communication company who could 

Got another issue with VM been trying to contact someone for over a week all I get is text messages that take hours due to lack of response once you reply and if you don’t resolve in the day guess what the whole process starts again 

can’t say it the worst Customer services as there is none

why can’t they just move from crappy old coper wire over to the hub 

if you do get anywhere let me know total joke VM customer services

0 Kudos
IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've not had landline service in GU15 area since lunchtime, so I've since raised  a 'Complaint' using VM online page hidden under the 'Contact Us' section at the bottom of the screen. This wasn't easy as they've corrupted the URL under the link!

It tries to take you to https://%20www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints   which doesn't work. 

Just remove the leading https://%20 and go to www.virginmedia.com/help/contact-us/complaints to raise a complaint.

Hope this helps

IanStruthers
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Phone still not working this morning, but now VM's Service Status page has changed to:

Phone Think something's wrong? Run test

Your loss of service has been successfully registered. If you're eligible for bill credit, it will automatically display on your bill. Visit our Help Page for more information on this.
Make sure your contact details are up to date, so that we can keep you in the loop.

You might find that your Virgin Phone service isnt working at the moment. We are investigating and working to resolve as quickly as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Our engineer is working to fix the problem.

Fix estimate
19 January 12:40

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post PeterST2.

How are things today? 

Thanks for the post IanStruthers.

You can check back on the page for updates regarding this if needed.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
PeterST2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily. Still no landline but now the site shows a potential fault in the area and so I have been able to register my problem. I do find communication terribly opaque, with no simple fault reporting arrangement, no easy visibility of how to contact Virgin and procedures on the website that send one round in circles rather than forward. As mentioned above, some links don’t work at the moment. Thank you for your reply and I look forward to the service being restored before too long.

Faults do inevitably happen but it should be easy to report and to see what is going on.

Thanks. Peter 

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, does the page show an estimated repair time for you? 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
PeterST2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi. It gave 1600 today as estimated time for repair completion. I received an email to tell me the fault I registered has been fixed and the website shows a green status. But my landline still does not work. Test button just takes me to a test that endlessly cycles. I am now back to exactly where I was yesterday. Or even backwards, as my registered fault has now been deleted without being resolved.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

There is currently an area fault in the GU area raised on our systems and we're working to get this fixed as soon as possible. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
PeterST2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Update. Still no landline. Test did run this time and showed this response. As requested I rang 0333 000 3101 and could not connect from my mobile phone that had a good signal... Not a happy bunny and it's because of the poor communication.

Test results

What we found

Our tests didn't find the cause of your problem

We didn't find an obvious problem with your equipment or services.

What happens next?

We'd like to do a little more digging to get to the bottom of things. Please call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone, or on 0333 000 3101 from any other phone.

0 Kudos