cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline incoming calls

wrightiesrus
Tuning in

We are not able to receive incoming calls, 

Outgoing works with dial tone but when someone calls the home landline number nothing happens on the home phone.  The person can hear it raining but no diversion to virgin voicemail etc.

Checked the phone, wall sockets, unplugged etc all works as I highlight above can make outgoing calls.

Nothing on the service status and where virgin used to have an ability to test your landline I  the account that seems to have disappeared so all I can do is read some (unhelpful) guides and post on here.

Any other ideas welcome + the number to call virgin as I used to be able to see that in the account but can find nothing anymore.

Ta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for letting us know wrightiesrus.

I've had a look and can see that you are all ready to go for your new phone service. Do let us know how things go when you receive the adapter and if you need any help with anything 😊

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @wrightiesrus 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your phone, can I ask if your phone is connected at a extension or the master socket? How many devices are connected at this point? 

Have you been able to try another handset on the line at all?

Sorry couldn't work out at first where the reply function was

can I ask if your phone is connected at a extension or the master socket? master socket

How many devices are connected at this point? one

Have you been able to try another handset on the line at all? no I have no other handsets but this was working fine and I can make calls and on the handset can make it ring in the settings so I know it is working 

I have since spoken to the virgin support team and they have not been able to resolve it. They have suggested moving me to the voip solution so I am now awaiting for the adapter as they say that will fix it 

Thank you for that response. Did they advise when the move over to voip will take place?

^Martin

• I should receive the adapter in 2-4 days then it is plug and play with the existing phone

Thanks for letting us know wrightiesrus.

I've had a look and can see that you are all ready to go for your new phone service. Do let us know how things go when you receive the adapter and if you need any help with anything 😊

Beth

Adapter received and phone now working through router.  Not b at pleased though as this means the phone is not in the room we want it in and given this was virgins decision without consulting me as a loyal and paying customer this combined with the cost of the service is now leaving me considering options when the contract is due for renewal 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi wrightiesrus 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the location of your Landline. When you spoke with our team, you would have been asked whether your Hub can be co-located with your Landline, from there our team would have been able to book a Technician, provide you with an extended cable, or send out a standard adapter.

We do offer 3 variants of extensions, these are 5M, 10M and 15M - do you think any of these would allow you to move your Landline to where you need it to go?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

@wrightiesrus wrote:

Adapter received and phone now working through router.  Not b at pleased though as this means the phone is not in the room we want it in and given this was virgins decision without consulting me as a loyal and paying customer this combined with the cost of the service is now leaving me considering options when the contract is due for renewal 

You will find all suppliers are now likely to offer you a landline-via-router, if you decide to switch provider

https://www.futureofvoice.co.uk/

If you need your wall socket(s) to work after switchover, and since you have been 'switched' by VM as an alternative to fixing your pre-existing line ...

Ask VM (via the VM forum team on here, when they reply to this topic) to modify your home phone wiring so you can use your existing landline wall sockets via the phone connection from the VM hub.

VM should offer to do this free of charge for you as part of the switchover process.

Make sure they make modifications to your phone wiring so you can keep each piece of equipment in the same place (rather than the offer which sometimes crops up on here to move the hub to a different location)

Refer here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/landline/switchover

Do I need to book a technician visit?

You’ll need to book a free technician visit if...

• You rely on your landline for accessibility needs or don’t have a mobile to make an emergency call – we’ll provide you with an Emergency Back Up Line so you’re always able to call emergency services.
  • You’ve got connected devices such as a burglar alarm linked to a control centre, use a telecare device, or have other phones connected to extension sockets. You’ll need to contact your provider and let them know about the switch if you have any of these to make sure they’re compatible with a fibre service.
  • The Hub and your home phone can’t be placed near each other.