cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline for weeks

Data
On our wavelength

Was told an adapter would arrive after landline stopped, then shortly after, received an email telling me my account isn't ready yet. The home phone is the only number for some people, so any idea how long I must wait?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Data,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline and broadband issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Data,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've not received your landline adaptor for our Home Phone Switchover yet!

I'll be more than happy to help and order one for you so that you can re-connect your landline service! I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Data,

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your landline and broadband issue – you can check and amend the date and time of your appointment via your online account.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Data
On our wavelength

Thank you Paulina, you've been exceptional help.

Take care.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Data,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Messages! Glad to hear I've been able to help wit your issues!

Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if you need any further assistance or support. 🙂

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Data
On our wavelength

@Paulina_Z wrote:

Hi @Data,

Thanks for coming back to me via Private Messages! Glad to hear I've been able to help wit your issues!

Please keep us updated on how you get on and let us know if you need any further assistance or support. 🙂

Thank you! 

I now have the 'adapter', but the phone service at the hub is disabled, so no function. There is a QR scan code, but with which app? There are no instructions other than that. Going to the help pages on VM's site is no use as it doesn't even cover the IP phone (fibre phone) changeover, and there are a lot of people on this board in a similar position who are stuck and had no warning.

Hi @Data,

We have some more info 👉 here on what to do when you receive your adapter. 

Does that help?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Data
On our wavelength

Hello Ayisha,

Unfortunately no, the hub needs to have the phone service activated from Virgin themselves.

I'd like to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Data
On our wavelength
I just had another thought. Supposing I use modem mode in the future, will the phone socket still be active? I'm guessing it will, but a reassurance would be appreciated, particularly on the 'hub 3' which is the oldest hardware supporting home phone equipment that I know of.