cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline for two weeks and trouble contacting Virgin

bailey11
Just joined

Hi We have no landline for two weeks.  i have tried to contact Virgin but alas  no human to talk too.  I called 150 and went through the process for them to run a diagnosis and i have called back twice after they advised to call back after ten minutes.  And I am now just going round and round in circles. What can I do?

I need the landline for contacting my elderly parents and receiving calls from the doctors or hospitals, have missed three this week, please can some one help. It would be much appreciated.

Sue

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @bailey11

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the phone issue - I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John 

Hi @bailey11

Thanks for providing me those details.

Are you plugged into the master socket? It will have a larger socket and contain a logo of Virgin Media, NTL, Telewest or Nynex. Any extension sockets will be smaller and have no logo.

Do you have any other pieces of equipment connected to your phone socket? This may include:
• Other telephones 
• Personal Computers 
• Faxes 
• Modems 
• Satellite TV digiboxes 
• Micro-filters 
• ADSL modem or router

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON. 
• Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets. 
• Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in. 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill