cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline for 3 weeks

ClaireLH
Tuning in

We had a problem with our broadband a couple of months back and after several tech visits it was decided that we needed a cable re-pull. The engineer that came to this conclusion was told to do some tests by his manager to make sure this was needed and in the process cut the co-ax and phone cable to the house to inject a trace signal to identify which cable was ours. Before leaving he showed me where he had re-joined the co-ax but advised that the phone cable was too short to re-connect meaning we would have no landline until the re-pull was completed and told us to ring up to be transferred onto 21CV, leaving the adapter with me for when this happened.

We called yourselves to check on when the re-pull would happen and ask about moving over to 21CV. We were told a date of 1st March for the re-pull and that unfortunately our area wasn't yet ready for 21CV so we would just have to wait until we get an email telling 21CV was here.

This has been about 3 weeks now with no phone at all and no re-pull happened on the 1st March. Some guys came and installed a black plastic box next to the small pit at the end of the shared drive, took some photos of our property and green cable conduit that runs around it and messed around in the pit at the the end of the street but no further communication to us on when/if the work will happen.

Could someone update us please.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ClaireLH 

Welcome back to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that about your ongoing landline issues that was not resolved as planned on 1st March 2023/ I can certainly check at my side for and update you on what has been arrange as the next steps to resolve this. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ClaireLH wrote:

We had a problem with our broadband a couple of months back and after several tech visits it was decided that we needed a cable re-pull. <snip>

Keep a good record of all of these events and how VM has left you without a phone for such a long time. You should be eligible for a total loss of service on the phone line.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

Thanks for the info. I will!

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @ClaireLH 

Unfortunately, as you have failed account security we would not be able to support further via private message or advise any details on the account. All our customer service agents will be able to support further and advise of any notes on the account regarding your service and re-pull. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues on anything else or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley