Menu
djweeble
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No landline equipment

Hi.

I signed up for the Big Oomph Bundle on 31st March 2020, I have received all the broadband and TV equipment, but no house phone.

Can you tell me if I am supposed to receive an actual phone, or do I need to go out and buy one myself ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Marty20
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No landline equipment

Hi

You sign up for and pay for a phone line, not an actual phone. You have to buy your own handset Thanks, Marty

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin Media however all responses are based on my experiences in the field and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

djweeble
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I can pick one up in the shops then 😊

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@djweeble wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I'll just have to wait until I can pick one up in the shops then 😊

In the early days of landlines the house phone was included with your line rental, & you had to put up with what you were provided with. With deregulation you were finally able to buy your own phone & choose what features you wanted. BT stopped providing house phones over 20 years ago. Virgin & its predecessors have never provided them.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should have been supplied with an RJ11 to BT adapter. Connect one end to the hub's TEL 1 port and plug your handset into the other end.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought that I could get a house phone from Amazon. And they'd even deliver it. And it wouldn't cost more than about a tenner. Never would have thought of that:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Geemarc-Marbella-Gondola-Corded-Telephone-Black/dp/B0001UR7SM/ref=sr_1_5?dc...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When my first landline was installed around 1980 it was this or nothing:

Classic BT phone.jpg

And one choice. Black or Cream.

First time I picked up the receiver to try it I got BBC Radio 1 (Brookmans Park transmitter is about 10 miles away). Engineer had to shorten the cable from the pole by a metre or so to fix it.

Oh happy days!

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993