Menu
masterchef30
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No landline dial tone

I am on wall plug landline. Since the Virgin broadband outage about a week ago I have no dial tone on my landline.  Tried all the usual things, tried plugging in a simple phone, checked all connections, etc.

Do not even think about calling Virgin help on your mobile - just a good way of racking up mobile bills waiting for an answer - and then get automatically kicked off after 30 mins.

Any help available here?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No landline dial tone

Thanks for the post Masterchef30 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm if you've been in touch with the team regarding this since your post? 

If you still require some assistance can we please confirm if you've been able to try an alternative wired handset? 

Have you been able to plug the wired handset directly into the wall?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
masterchef30
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

I finally got in touch through the App chatline.  They confirmed it was a problem their end.  An engineer was booked who must have fixed the problem at the cabinet/exchange or wherever, because the engineer did not show up on the morning he/she was booked and the landline started working again the day before.  

Poor communications and it would have saved me staying in if someone had bothered to tell me it was now fixed.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Masterchef30 and sorry to hear you weren't made aware that the team fixed this externally for you.

We are glad to hear this is back up and running for you now though.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch with the community.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos