cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No landline at all now...

Sarah270514
Tuning in

I originally posted about this a couple of weeks ago (when I still had a working landline) as I had not received an adaptor prior to migration to fibre on 4th April.

I received a text on 25th March asking me if I had received it, I replied & asked for one to be resent to me.

I still haven't received it and have not had a working landline since Tuesday. With the massive VM issues on Tuesday, I guessed it wasn't worth trying to chase it up at that point!

My other concern is that from reading other posts, our router is several years old and may not be compatible with said adapator (if it ever arrives)?

I am hesitant to phone VM as its impossible to navigate which options I need to select (last time I got stuck talking to someone who seemed intent on looking at upgrading my VM package) which was not why I'd contacted them.

They really aren't making this easy are they!

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sarah270514

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you're facing some landline issues recently. Have you made any changes to the account recently? Is a landline service still listed on your online account and/or recent bills?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No changes made and yes, I'm being billed for the landline.

I used WhatsApp to contact VM, they said they had not sent the adaptor yet but would do so & I'd receive it in 5 working days.

I asked if it would work with our router which is several years old and I'm now waiting for the Faults team to contact me to test our service.

Incidentally, I've been waiting for more than a year to be contacted about upgrading from our TiVo boxes so am not holding out much hope...! I was assured at the time that they were rolling out the replacement & I would be contacted when it's my turn. They didn't say I needed to chase it up!

Hi @Sarah270514,

Thank you for expanding. So that I can take a closer look, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!