cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No land line for 4 days now, line cord error

shazzahb59
Joining in

We have a message on our phone saying line cord error, please check, checked. We have tried taking the cable out the socket and putting back, but still no luck. Tried phoning home from a mobile and got the ring tone, but the landline doesn't ring, have been phoning the number and being told intermitten issues with broadband and tv in my area, when I log on line Virgin shows no issues in my area.  I cannot find the facility to be able to book an engineer to sort the problem out.  So frustrated now, with the lack of help, we tried to raise a complaint and that won't be looked at for at least 48 hours!!!!!  Customer Service is non existant!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shazzahb59

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I have taken a look at things from our side, and as you mentioned, there is a known issue that could be causing intermittent issues but this should only affect TV and broadband services.

There are no outages showing for the land line.

Do you have another handset you can try?

Is the phone connected direct to the master socket or an extension please? 

Could you please also confirm how many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone, more or less than 3? 

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The phone is usually plugged into an extension and we have tried the main socket still no connection.  We only have one handset that has an answer phone included that is connected.  We do have three extensions but we only use the one extension..

Thank you,

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

If this still doesn't work, we will send you a private message as an engineer may be required.

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

We have done all the above already (several times) we do not have another phone unit to test.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shazzahb59 👋

Thanks for providing us with an update on this. I'm sorry to hear things still aren't working. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into booking a Technician.

Please look out for it in the top-right white envelope. If it's not there, you can find it by tapping your Profile Picture and then the "Messages" tab.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi shazzahb59 👋

Thanks for your hasty response to my private message. Please do keep us updated on how the visit goes, we're around to help further, if needed.

If you do need anything else, feel free to raise a new post and our team/community will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ