Menu
nick27
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No land line dial tone since Saturday 3rd Oct?

Starting to get concerned as I have been told I have missed several attempts to call me on the land line.

0 Kudos
Brunswick99
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No land line dial tone since Saturday 3rd Oct?

Hi, I've also not had a land line Dial tone since at least Saturday. I’m very frustrated with trying to report it and get an engineer to repair it. Strat on internet and after checking connections directed to phoning VM. After repeating the checks directed back to the internet and now to this community Forum where I suspect there is no engineer watching. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @nick27

Welcome back to our Community, sorry that you're having some issues with your landline at the moment. 

I have located your account from here and can't see any issues with your line and we have no known area issues. Have you tried another handset in the socket at all? Do you know what happens when someone tries to call you - does it ring at their end? Give an engages tone or give a long tone? 

Please do let us know how things go with the alternative handset if you can and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon @Brunswick99

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you're having some issues with your landline and having no dial tone at the moment. I have also managed to locate your account from your forum information and have done some checks from here for you. 

At the time of writing, you are impacted by an known area issue; as such we are unable to book a technician until the area issue has been cleared. 

Currently no estimated fix time is listed but I have ensured that your account is updated accordingly for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nick27
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ok. thank you for letting me know.
Please could you let me know of any progress please.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion @nick27 - you are not impacted by an area issue. The first reply on the thread was for you - the 2nd was for the other poster. My reply for you has been posted below again for you 🙂 

I have located your account from here and can't see any issues with your line and we have no known area issues. Have you tried another handset in the socket at all? Do you know what happens when someone tries to call you - does it ring at their end? Give an engages tone or give a long tone? 

Please do let us know how things go with the alternative handset if you can and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
nick27
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Yes I have tried an alternative hand set and have the same result.
If i try calling the land line i get an engaged tone, and no ring on the landline.
0 Kudos
nick27
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also talking to a couple of my neighbours on virgin media, they have also experienced land line loss over the weekend.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for popping back @nick27 and thanks for testing the alternative handset. 

I have booked a technician for you. You can check the date and time of the visit via your online account at anytime. If the time and date is not convenient, you can also reschedule via your online account

If you need any further help or unable to check your timeslot, please do pop back and let us know. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
nick27
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, much appreciated.
0 Kudos