Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No incoming mobile calls

I had my internet and phone line installed on the 3rd December 2019 been almost 2 weeks and I can’t receive incoming calls from mobiles phones only. Incoming landlines are fine also both landline/mobile fine calling out. I had a Tech come out on the 4th December he found nothing wrong, said could be a porting issue and should be ok in a few days. It’s still the same and been almost 2weeks. I called up numerous times speaking to techs and still to no avail. My phones are iDect cordless handsets which are fairly new and worked fine before VM. 
any help is appreciated 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming mobile calls

Hi Dilz, thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies for the issue you've had receiving calls from mobiles on your landline phone.

We'd like to take a look into this for you, so look out for my PM requesting a few details and please get back to me when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have the same problem as Dilz. Can I help me please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi ceils,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry that you're having the same issues as Dilz. Just to confirm, is it just mobile numbers that you're not receiving calls from? 

Has your landline recently been installed or have you had it for a while? Have you ever been able to receive these calls?

What error message are people getting when they are calling your landline? Are you able to test call your landline from your mobile and let us know?

If you can let us know in a little more detail, then we can help further.

Thanks

Melissa 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Melissa  sorry for late reply, it didn’t come through so I could see it!

it was just mobiles that couldn’t connect, but as of today, it’s mobile and landline; since I got through to Virgin and they instructed me to reboot everything.

I have had my landline forever and until Virgin changed from cable to hub a couple of months ago, it was working  fine.

I am told when they try to ring from a mobile, it gives 3 beeps. From today also with landlines, it’s just dead.

I complained bitterly today because I need my landline. My mobile is not ‘man’ enough to cope with much, not a smartphone, just for emergencies. The signal here is not good for my mobile.

Hope you can help.

Ceils

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi ceils,

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry to hear this is still ongoing as I fully appreciate the inconvenience not receiving calls would cause.

I can see from running a background check that you've spoke to the team today and they've scheduled a work order to be investigated by our 2nd line team. Their timescales are 3 working days so they'll contact you within this time-frame to discuss further and should be able to bring this matter to resolution.

If you've not heard anything by the end of this period, please pop us another line on here and we'll investigate further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for coming back to me, however you have told me what I already know!

3 days is too long.  Also the problem is now mobile and landline calls, whereas before it was just mobile.

not happy

Regards

Ceils

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Ceils

I appreciate you are unhappy but we are working on this for you to get this resolved within the timescales advised.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Today, Sunday is the 5th day since I reported no incoming calls on my landline and much longer for no incoming calls from mobiles.  Can I have an update please?  This is ridiculous.

Regards

Ceils

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi ceils

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry you're still waiting

As advise by John_GS this will take 3 working days to resolve and weekends unfortunately don't count as working days. As this was raised on Wednesday, I would advise the first full working day was Thursday and the last working day within the SLA given would be Monday.

If you're still struggling by Tuesday morning, it will be advisable to come back to us to see if we can escalate this issue

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos