Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls

Since before Xmas we have not been able to receive incoming calls. Dialling tone present and can call out. Incoming calls do not ring and do not connect. Engineer visited 27/12/19 and said it was not a problem with any of equipment inside or outside but that it was a porting problem and that he would report it and it should be fixed in a couple of days. However the problem remains. I have tried Customer Service who said they had no record of the engineers visit? I tried Twitter who linked me to Webchat who said they had a ‘system issue’ and could not help? Any ideas? We have been customers since Virgin took over from Telewest and have had the same number all the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls

Thank you for your post Varoach.

Can we please confirm if you've recently requested a number port prior to these issues beginning? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No we have had the same number forever. I am only repeating what the engineer said was the problem and that he had several call outs in the area with the same problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If this wasn't an individual issue they would have raised this to be an area fault on our systems which would show on our service status page for you, could you please check this isn't the case?

If this doesn't show for you and you haven't requested a number port recently then this would be very unlikely so I'd like to book another appointment and I'll note this information for you so that the next engineer is aware. Just as it would need to be investigated by an engineer if this isn't showing as an area fault and you haven't recently ported a number to the account. 

Let us know as if needed we can pop you over a private message to double check the account and book this follow up appointment for you. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has now been resolved. 

0 Kudos