cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No incoming calls since I joined on 24 May!

Jonners999
Joining in

Joined VM on 24th May. Everything connected, My DECT phone to Hub 4, tried to call my home phone  with the engineer to check phone, but no incoming calls. Just my home phone ringing on my mobile, but nothing on the home phone. He rang the appropriate department, reported it and told me it was a 'porting problem' and would be fixed in 48 hours. 48 hours later, tried again. The same as previously! I then decided to send 'CEO' and 'Head of Customer Service' e-mails which got a response from the 'Executive team'. I also had problems with slow  BB speeds, so another engineer was sent a week later, He fixed the BB speed issue and he advised me to put my phone back to the 'old BT' copper line "until it stops working" and this worked for a day, or two, until BT stopped my services. Put it back on the hub and it was now the same, except this time all I got from my phone was number unobtainable when I rang from my mobile, or any other line. It's now 14th June and by my calculation, from the day it was installed (and reported), I'm at 19 days (and counting) compensation. Every few days I get a call from the 'phone department saying they will fix it in 24 hours and then 24 hours an email saying they have. Unfortunately not!! As I said in my last response today to an email telling me it was fixed "In the best British pantomime tradition (and this is what this is turning into!) . OH NO ITS NOT!"

Anyone out there  got any other suggestions' Ive been told it was a problem porting my number from the supplier before BT (Vodafone), but I'm now told that this has been sorted and now we're waiting for BT??

4 REPLIES 4

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Jonners999,

Welcome to the community. 

Just to clarify, when the team advised to switch back to copper line, did they advise when it would switch to the Hub again?

Also are all TEL ports not working?

Let us know,

Kain

When it went off, which was when BT switched off my service, after 1-2 days (approx., the next time I checked it.).

Only Tel 1 works. Tel 2 gave line error!

Hi Jonners999, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I think it would be best for us to take a closer look at this for you. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Just tried again! Day 20 and counting! Soon VM will be paying me to have the service. 🤣🤣