Menu
KateWho
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls on new landline installation

Had new installation on moving in 19/11/20 and no incoming calls since. Error message “sorry cannot connect your call please try later. 

We CAN make outgoing calls

I have tried to call VM for several days - on two occasions held for well over an hour before being cut off. 

there is no other way to contact VM and they blame Covid as do every other call centre

Please send engineer. 

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls on new landline installation

Hi KateWho,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your incoming calls. 

Can you confirm have you been able to try an alternative handset?

^Martin

0 Kudos
KateWho
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the issue is definitely outgoing (ported) phone line

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for that information. 

What I will do is private message you so I can look into this further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
RoKe
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same issue here.

Moved a few days ago. New phone can make outgoing calls no problem, but incoming calls calls the caller just gets an 'invalid number' message.

We moved from a traditional phone line to a Hub 3 digital line (Purple area). 

Seems like the new number hasn't ported correctly?

Not sure how to resolve (can't get through to VM by phone and the online self-service troubleshooting does not cover the issue)... 

Any suggestions welcome! 

0 Kudos
KateWho
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It took 1.5 hours to get through to VM and a further 3 days till it was fixed. Persist!

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RoKe,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your landline services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

I just need to ask a few questions in order to gain more understanding of the issue -

-    Is there a dial tone? What do you hear when you pick up the receiver? (crackly/error message/No dial tone/yes dial tone)
-    Can you make/receive calls from Virgin Media landlines, what about non Virgin Media lines (non Virgin Media and all mobile numbers)
-    Is it a particular number you can’t receive? If yes, what provider are they with? What times and dates have they tried to call?
-    Are you plugged into Hub or the Virgin Media wall socket? Can you try a different wall socket (if you have one)
-    Can you try a different phone if you have one spare?

-    What date did you port over to us?

Thanks!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
RoKe
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan

In answer to your questions:

Yes dial tone, is OK.

We seem to be able to make outgoing calls to various numbers (virgin and non-virgin) 

We can't receive calls from any incoming numbers (mobiles, or landlines) 

We are plugged into the Virgin Hub3. The only other sockets in the property are old BT sockets.

We don't have another handset, but this one works fine. The problem seems to be with the exchange, since we moved last week it has not worked.

Virgin connected our new Hub3 on the 24th December. The number was previously also with Virgin Media at our previous address, and was brought across (ported?) automatically when we informed Virgin Media about our house-move. Our old house had a 'traditional' phone line installation, our new is a 'purple area' digital line.

It seems like our move from traditional to digital phone service has not registered correctly at 'the exchange' because our number isn't recognised by people dialling into to us.?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RoKe, 

Thanks so much for coming back to me with that information, it really does help!

I think we will need to book an engineer to come out as I've looked at your faults screen on your services and can see there is an issue with your landline, an engineer will be able to take a look and pin point the issue.

I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about dates and times etc.

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roke, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have booked an engineer for your landline problem, don't forget if you need to change it you can do so in your online account 😁

If you can post an update on here about how the visit goes, me and my team will be happy to help if you still need it!

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos