Menu
dippydot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls on landline

Hi, just taken my wife to the dentist to be told they cancelled it and have been trying to call us for the last few days.

Got home and tried to call the landline from both my mobile and my wife's: nothing happening on the landline. Dialed out on the landline and both mobiles receive call.

Changed the landline handset to a spare one and still the same response as above.

Went online and ran the Virgin Media diagnostics test: Twice tried and both timed out.

This is about the fourth fault I've had on this landline in as many years.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls on landline

Hi @dippydot,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you're having a problem with receiving calls lately. Do you have a dial tone when you pick up the receiver? Do you also have another landline socket in the home you can test the landline handset in? This can help us to narrow down if only one socket is impacted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dippydot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, only one socket and there is a dial tone.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @dippydot,

Thank you for expanding and clarifying.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a few more details. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @dippydot,

Following our conversations via private message, I have arranged for a technician visit to be scheduled and booked so that they can investigate further.

We're unable to check and confirm the date/time of an appointment publicly for security reasons, but you're able to check this via your My Virgin Media online account and reschedule to a more convenient date/time if needed.

If you or anyone in the home exhibits flu-like symptoms or tests positive for COVID-19, please reschedule accordingly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
dippydot
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, many thanks for your help. Have rescheduled visit. Hopefully all will be fixed

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @dippydot,

I'm sure that the technician will be able to get this resolved, but be sure to let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

0 Kudos
dippydot
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Posted this on the wrong topic!

Whilst deleting various old telephone calls on my mobile I thought I'd just try ringing my landline again and blow me down it worked!!! Nothing has changed this end so I'm wondering if any work had been done locally to correct the fault? I suppose I'd better cancel the service call for tomorrow?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update dippydot and glad to hear this has been resolved. 

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

0 Kudos