Menu
smccran
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No incoming calls on landline

Hi all,

I've seen similar posts on here, but I could not find the answer.

I moved home a few months ago, from a VM house to another VM house. So its a new(ish) connection.

This week I tried calling my own landline from a mobile, and it just rings off immediately. The landline does not ring at all. On the calling mobile, it just clicks off.

The landline can call out, but not incoming.

What's the best way to fix please?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No incoming calls on landline

Hi smccran.

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to receive incoming calls to your landline phone. Have you had this issue since you moved?

Can you also please confirm if you asked to port your landline number from your previous address over to your new address?

I've had a look on this end and we can't see any problems with your line, so it would be something we need to investigate further.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
smccran
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I can only assume that I've had the issue since I moved, at the end of September. We're low users of the landline, so haven't really noticed.

Yes, we ported the whole account, including the number.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi smccran,

Thank you for confirming.

Just before we take a closer look at this for you, can you please confirm if the landline number shown on your My Virgin Media account here is the number which you requested to port over? 

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
smccran
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

If I follow that link, there's no phone number displayed, tho if I click through to Bills, I can see my landline number there.

Interestingly, if I click on ANY of the 'upgrade this package' links, they all go to a page saying 'unable to upgrade your account online'.

Don't know if that's connected in any way?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi smccran,

Thanks for checking for me - as long as the correct landline number is showing from there that's fine. The error which you're receiving when you go to the upgrades and offers section will be unrelated. This is just as not all package changes can be made online.

We're looking into this a bit further for you behind the scenes, so we will get back to you once we have any updates.

If you need anything else in the meantime just let us know.

Beth

smccran
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Interestingly, after your engineer called and asked which port I was using on the Modem for the phone plug I checked them out.

The Phone is currently plugged into socket 1, and not working. When I switch it to socket 2, it doesn't work either.

BUT!

When I was putting the cable back into socket one, at about half way in, it did connect the call. As I pushed the phone connector in fully, it dropped it. So maybe its a bad connection on the modem, connecting the phone cable.

An engineer is coming tomorrow, so hopefully that helps.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello smccran

Please will you keep us updated on tomorrow's visit 

Gareth_L