cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home telephone

Chrissy1231
Joining in

I have had no phone for days now. I have borrowed a mobile as I don't own one. I am a pensioner and live on my own. I have mobility issues so if I have a fall I can't call anyone. Can someone please help?

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chrissy1231 

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have 2phones, one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen. Both are plugged into the wall and are not on cradles.

Are both phones plugged into extension sockets or is one phone into a master socket at all?

If so, the phone in the master socket, does it have any dial tone or noise at all?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Both phones are plugged into wall sockets and I have no tones at all from either of them.

I rang Virgin about this earlier and on the first call I was cut off and the second I couldn't understand a word they were saying. The first said they would send an engineer but then I was cut off. The second didn't want to know. So rude!!!

Can someone please SPEAK to me?

Is anyone there?

Why is nobody helping me. I am a pensioner who is not tech savvy. I am on a borrowed mobile phone which needs to be returned soon.

I can certainly take a look at our side to see what we can do or confirm if an engineer has been sent @Chrissy1231 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @Chrissy1231 

Glad that we have a plan of action in place. Please let me know when you have your new compatible phones or if you have any further questions or concerns on this issue and we can support further if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I am trying to message Carley.

I hope you got my previous messages that I have sent over the last couple of days. 

I have a new phone which is digital so need to get it connected. I am still on a borrowed mobile from my friend Carol and desperately need my landline connected. 

If I don't hear from someone soon I am going to have to leave Virgin. I am a pensioner living alone and need my phone.

Christine Sullivan 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Christine, thanks for coming back to us with this update. 

Sorry to see your latest messaged have not been responded yet. 
My colleague Carley will be back online soon and reply back to you, please rest assured.

We're happy to help you with any issues in the best way we can in the meantime.

I can see you're booked in for a visit from our engineer soon to help out with setting up your landline and connect your new devices.

We can advise more in private about this appointment, if you kindly wait for my colleague to get back to you tomorrow we can confirm what's the time and date we arranged and see if you wish to make any changes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused regarding access a phone line, this is a high priority matter for us and we'll work our best to support you quickly and efficiently as possible.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs