cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home phone

alangian
Tuning in

Hi folks,

I joined Virgin M250 broadband & home phone package on 21.12.2022. I cannot get a phone line connection after connecting to the telephone input of the hub 4. So til now still no phone service for 2 months.

WiFi is sporadic around  the home and keeps dropping off. Any advice will be greatly appreciated to get over these early  teething issues. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alangian 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here 😊

I am sorry you've been experiencing some issues with your service. 

Checking things this end, there is an outage that is currently impacting you.

You might find that these services are intermittent at the moment: Virgin Fibre and Voice services. We are sorry and working hard to resolve this for you.

The estimated time of fix is 02 MAR 2023 12:25

If you still experience problems after this, let me know and we can take it from there.

Thank you!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @alangian 👋

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here 😊

I am sorry you've been experiencing some issues with your service. 

Checking things this end, there is an outage that is currently impacting you.

You might find that these services are intermittent at the moment: Virgin Fibre and Voice services. We are sorry and working hard to resolve this for you.

The estimated time of fix is 02 MAR 2023 12:25

If you still experience problems after this, let me know and we can take it from there.

Thank you!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@alangian wrote:

Hi folks,

I joined Virgin M250 broadband & home phone package on 21.12.2022. I cannot get a phone line connection after connecting to the telephone input of the hub 4. So til now still no phone service for 2 months.

WiFi is sporadic around  the home and keeps dropping off. Any advice will be greatly appreciated to get over these early  teething issues. Thank you.

When did you log your total loss of service with the VM landline?

You should be entitled to compensation for such as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Thanks Ayisha_B & goslow for the advice. Technician Angelo 45639, the nicest & best there is visited Sat.4/3, did some tests and feedback forwarded in a company call and was advised to him to tell client it should be resolved within 48 hours. 

Unfortunately, line is not working yet today 10/3.

Will contact customer service again Mon.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update alangian,

Just to grab another one today however, has the issue been resolved?

Regards,

Kain

Sadly not. Only broadband for now and no phone line service. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@alangian wrote:

Sadly not. Only broadband for now and no phone line service. 

Hopefully you reported the fault immediately, if you self-installed, which would be ...

21/12/22 to 12/3/23 = 81 days (minus 2 working days for VM to fix the fault) = 79 days @ £8.40 = £663.60 compo and counting

Hi there @alangian 

I am so sorry that you have been without the phone line, I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a quick look into this for you.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.