Menu
Anton59
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No home phone

Been without a home phone now for nearly a week. Gone through all the tests and checks and still no luck. Even plugged in another phone and no joy. Intermittent reception on mobile as in basement which keeps cutting out when I phone Virgin and wait times are 45-60 minutes so no chance. Getting very frustrated. Want to contact and book an engineer online but where do you do that? 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No home phone

Sounds like you need a technician visit.

The forum team should be able to run tests and book a technician.

If you also want to claim compensation for your outage see below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

Read all the small-print and T&Cs at the bottom and see how they apply to your situation. The two official means to log a fault (and get compensation) are by running the tests in 'My Virgin Media' service checker in link above and, if a fault shows up, booking a technician. If no fault shows then you have to ring in. The general advice on the forums is to ring at 08:00 to try to reduce the wait.

Do you receive the phone connection via the back of the hub (21CV connection) or via conventional telephone wall sockets?

If it is the 21CV connection via the back of the hub, what does the service for 'Telephony' show on the welcome page show when you log into the hub? What does the phone icon show on the front of the hub?

If the connection is via regular telephone wall sockets, can you unplug all devices from phone extensions and plug one phone into the main/master socket to test (which reduces the likelihood of any extension wiring problems)?

Doing the additional self-testing is up to you but the VM forum team may ask you to do some further tests before booking a technician if their remote tests are inconclusive.

They may take up to a week to reply but normally respond in a few days. Their replies seem to have been a bit infrequent the last few days so you might want to have another try at phoning to cover all bases.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Anton59 and welcome to our community.

How are your services today? Do you still require an appointment?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Anton59
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still not working. No dial tone again. In the absence of any answers earlier in the week I went out to buy a new phone. Still no dial tone.

Yes, I do require an appointment. 

A. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anton59,

I'm sorry to hear there's still an issue with the phoneline,

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos