cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home phone, no landline - not working

Mrzapie
Dialled in

Hi,

Apparently due to a "network issue" no landline for 14 days!

Is this a widespread problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mrzapie,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with your landline, we understand the disruption and inconvenience this can cause.

Remotely checking the systems from our end, there is an area fault affecting you which is due to be resolved today around 10am however this is an estimated fix time.

We do apologise for the time this fault has taken, unfortunately, some faults are more complex than originally anticipated, and will take longer to fix than initially thought

You can take a look at our automatic compensation scheme link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mrzapie,

Thank you for your PM, I'm sorry for the delayed response - I have been looking into this issue for you in the meantime.

We can see that currently, the area issue affecting your landline service is still open for investigation.

Once the ticket has been closed, the system will be able to auto calculate your compensation for the downtime. Please know that your complaint will remain open even once the auto compensation has been applied. This can only been closed with your permission.

If you are unhappy with the amount due once it's been generated, we can, of course discuss this further via PM.

Thanks for your patience and I will keep you updated with the status of the ticket.

Beth

Beth,

As I have as yet not received a satisfactory reply to my rejection of your compensation offer I suggest you contact me promptly.

Hi Mrzapie, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community. 

Any loss of service compensation is worked out and applied automatically as per the conditions here

If you are unhappy with what has been applied to the account, and the resolution of your complaint, please pop Beth another PM so she can escalate this in line with our complaints code of practice herehttps://virg.in/comcop

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs