Menu
fcmw
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No home phone - local network problem allegedly

Members of the forum may not be able to help with this but may be able to offer advice.

My landline has not been working since 29th March. First reported fault 31st March Engineers have visited 3rd and 17th April. Each time they have diagnosed the same problem: a fault between box at end of road and the major box a bit further away. Engineer 1 said it had to be fixed by the network team and said 3-4 working days. Nothing happened. Phoned technical support (50 minutes to get through). They sent engineer 2, who recognising that I am elderly and self-isolating, declared it a priority. Nothing has happened. Today I have tried twice to contact technical support. Each time I have been cut off after 15-20 minutes. Have booked another engineer for tomorrow (that is all I can do but it is a waste of time). Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No home phone - local network problem allegedly

Where is this?
Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi fcmw,

Sorry that your landline fault hasn't been resolved yet. I've had a look at your details and can see that an engineer has been booked and that an experienced/senior engineer has been assigned for it. When the engineer arrives, if it's something that he cannot fix, can you ask him to contact him to contact the Area Field Manager to book the necessary works to get it fixed? 

We don't have sight of which engineer will be assigned however I'll email the Area Field Manger to give a heads up and see that whatever extra works need to be carried out, that they put it into motion. 

Please keep us update on this.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Morad_R
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @fcmw ,

Do you know what is causing the network fault? Sometimes it requires us to order parts from far away in order to fix a network fault. If you can tell me what caused the fault, I may be able to give you some guidance. If not, then you will be told by the engineer who will visit you tomorrow. Any queries, feel free to PM me. To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.
If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
fcmw
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry not to reply earlier. Finally the phone was fixed after 4 engineers came (and went). They apparently changed a spare part. I know no more. I was so exhuasted by the many hours spent tying to get through on the phone that I didn't reply. Nor have I yet contacted VM about a refund for the 27 days without a home phone. Haven't been able to face it. But it looks like you have an idea how I do that

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello fcmw

We are happy to refund back for loss of service

I just need to pass security first 

If you can check your private message that would be great 

Gareth_L