cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home phone line

AndyG58
On our wavelength

I have had no home phone for at least the last 7 days, but possibly longer - it rang twice a week ago and when I tried to check what number had called there was no dial tone, and around 10 days before that I had a broadband outage for a few hours.My wired phone shows "No line" on the display. The phone plugs directly into a wall socket, the router is on a separate connection.

When I call to report the issue the message says there are intermittent problems in my area that are complex and taking longer than usual to fix, although the online service status check says there are no known problems. While the lack of a phone line isn't causing much of a problem, I rarely use it for outgoing calls and very few people would call me on it, I do object to continuing to pay for a service that's not being provided. I assume that there will be a partial refund on my package charge for the time that the line is not working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta
8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You should be entitled to compensation as per scheme here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AndyG58, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your landline.

As there's no area outage we can see, please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

AndyG58
On our wavelength

Response sent to PM from Tom.

AndyG58
On our wavelength

Technician visit booked for 23rd December, thanks to Tom for his help investigating this issue.

Hi Andrew, thanks a lot for your reply via PM, just coming back publicly to close this one off.

You're very welcome and no problem at all - I'm glad to help!
If you need any further help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Tom_W

AndyG58
On our wavelength

Just to finalise this, the Virgin technician came yesterday and rather than waste time investigating the faulty phone line he arranged for my phone service to be provided through my hub, all working again within 20 minutes of his arrival.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AndyG58 👋

Thanks for providing the thread with an update - it's great to hear the Technician has been able to get things resolved for you during their visit.

As mentioned by Tom, if you do need anything else, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Baldee
Tuning in

No home phone all day, rang virgin from mobile they said no issues. Got to wait 7 days for a technician