cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No home phone for two weeks - not switched over - how to get support

andybeeswax
Tuning in

Hi, My Father in law lost his home phone connection (standard POTS) two weeks ago.

He has called three Virgin support numbers in trying to get the line fixed.

He has had no notification that his line was due to be switched over, has received no adapter in post and when I log into the hub, the Telephony icon, is greyed out and shows it is not active.

For the above reasons I do not believe he has been switched over, or is due to be switched over and this is an old phone connection problem.

Unfortunately, the Virgin support team he has spoken to have not been able to arrange an engineer to resolve the situation as they seem to be preoccupied with users having problem switching over.

The dial tone is present however the line is suffering from very heavy static and making a call is not possible.

Who do we approach to get the old phone line problem investigated?

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andybeeswax 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear of your Father-In-Law's phone issue. I can however confirm that everyone due to be migrated have been sent multiple communications regarding this, including letter/email and calls. The adapter is sent 2/3 weeks prior to the phone migration.

I'll send you a PM now, get some details and we can assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

andybeeswax
Tuning in

Big thanks to John_GS for the prompt support offered offline. Looking forward to getting this sorted.

Hey andybeeswax, thank you for reaching out and letting us know this.

I will be sure to pass the comments on, I hope you have a lovely weekend. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

andybeeswax
Tuning in

All sorted the next day. Engineer came out and said they could either repair the old line or switch over to new router based phone line.

Switched over, visit took about 30 minutes and able to make calls straight away.

Great support from this forum, thanks again!

Thanks so much for the update @andybeeswax 

So glad to hear this is sorted 🙌

Have a lovely weekend 🌞

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs